Home » Posts tagged 'trade mark reforms'
Tag Archives: trade mark reforms
Chinese Trade Mark Reforms
The new Chinese Trade Mark Reforms will come into effect on 1 May 2014. The key points of the amendments are as follows:
- Applications are required to be made in good faith;
- Multi-class applications are available;
- Protection is available for sound marks;
- Additional protection for prior right holders and a clarification of well-known marks;
- Statutory time limits have been added;
- No automatic right of appeal should an Opponent be unsuccessful in an opposition;
- Introduction of an invalidation procedure;
- Increasing compensation in infringements and fines for improper use of unregistered trade marks; and
- Providing for relevant measures for repeat infringers.
I will deal with some of the key points below. (more…)