Home » Posts tagged 'video'
Tag Archives: video
Jonathan Goodacre (UK and European Patent Attorney) of Keltie provides some tips and advice to newcomers to IP in a short subtitled video and covers:
- The different types of IP protection that you might encounter (e.g. patents, trade marks and designs);
- Registered v unregistered rights;
- Applications v granted rights;
- The difference between registrability v Freedom to Operate;
- IP rights are jurisdictional.
1 June 2020
The trade mark dispute at the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) between Supermac’s, an Irish fast food restaurant chain, and McDonald’s over the “Big Mac” European trade mark has appeared in a number of news stories over the last couple of weeks.
The full decision from the EUIPO, in which the application by Supermac’s to revoke the Big Mac trade mark was upheld, can be found here.
I sat down with Alistair Gay, a partner in Keltie’s trade mark team, to discuss the case. (Note: this video has subtitles.)