As noted in earlier posts (here and here) the statement Apple posted to their website wasn’t exactly what the judges in the Court of Appeal had in mind. The full text of the judgment following Samsung’s complaint is now available here. It is well worth a read and almost relentless in its disapproval of Apple’s actions.
Apple Apology – Text of Judgment available
IPcopy is an intellectual property related news site covering a wide variety of IP related news and issues. We will also take the odd lighthearted look at IP. Feel free to contact us via the details on the About Us page.
Disclaimer: Unless stated otherwise, the contributors to IPcopy (the "IPcopy writers") are patent and trade mark attorneys or patent and trade mark assistants at Keltie LLP or are network attorneys at K2 IP Limited. Guest contributors will be identified.
This news site is the personal site of the contributors and is not edited by the authors' employer in any way. From time to time however IPcopy may publish practice notes, legal updates and marketing news from Keltie LLP or K2 IP Limited. Any such posts will be clearly marked.
This news site is for information purposes only. Information posted to this news site is not legal advice and should not be taken as such. If you require IP related legal advice please contact your legal representative.
For the avoidance of doubt Keltie LLP and K2 IP Limited have no liability as to the content of IPcopy and any related tweets or social media posts.
- Are the UPC rules on opt out flawed? October 24, 2022
- UPC Case Management System – not ready for primetime? October 12, 2022
- FitTech IP disputes to run and run? July 4, 2022
- Enter the Metaverse: Facebook rebrands to “Meta” November 8, 2021
- Grace period conflict – Can the UK join the CPTPP and stay in the EPC? September 9, 2021
- Obstacles remain for the Unitary patent system and the Unified Patent Court August 19, 2021
- The Covid “patent” waiver – solution or distraction? May 11, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and patents: Government response to call for views April 12, 2021
- e-EQE – “room for improvement” March 12, 2021
- e-EQE – Sprechen Sie Deutsch? March 2, 2021