- First up, it’s news from the Apple news mill with reports that Apple has apparently registered “iWatch” in Russia. Is this an indication that the fruity firm will soon be moving into wearable technology? Well, maybe, maybe not. However, what we now know is that there was no reference to an iWatch during the keynote address on 10 June at the World Wide Developers Conference .
- “If you trade mark it, they will come”. Levi’s has apparently applied to register “Field of Jeans” as a trade mark in order to name the San Francisco 49ers stadium. They’ve also applied to register “Win One for the Zipper”, whatever that means!
- European wines seek geographical indication tags in India.
- One does not simply walk into Mordor. New Lord of the Rings game in-bound following trade mark for “Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor”.
- Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH). There are apparently 636 trademark holders and 119 agents registered with the TMCH according to a Deloitte report discussed here. More on the TMCH in IPcopy’s earlier post.
- Trade marks and social media – according to an article in law.com: “brand owners should carefully consider, on a situation-by-situation basis, whether they should try to enforce their mark or just walk away”. Source article here .
- And finally, the Super Bowl Host Committeee has been busy in New York/New Jersey contating people to remind them what terms they can use to refer to a Super Bowl-related event.
Mark Richardson 21 June 2013